Thank you for visiting our ministry page. We are Jeff and Shawn Schofield and currently serve with Campus Outreach, where Jeff serves as the Director of the CO International Network. Jeff has been on staff with Campus Outreach for the last 10 years. This past May, we were invited by City Church Manchester to come and serve as their Operations Director for a term of three years. We have accepted this position and are in the process of finalizing all the tasks involved to move to England and fulfill this vital role with a launch goal of September 19, 2016.
This position with City Church Manchester will consist of the following roles and responsibilities:
- Operational oversight and strategy in the following areas:
- Legal Compliance
- Information Technology
- Training and discipleship of voluntary ministry team leaders.
- Operations support for launching a church planting network in Manchester in 2017. With a plan of launching a new church plant in 2019.
- Continue to partner with Campus Outreach Global Resource Center in a coaching/mentor role for the IT and resourcing areas.
- Manchester is the UK’s second largest city with a population of over 2.5 million. *
- Manchester is home to four higher education institutions with approximately 105,000 students.*
- Christianity is the largest religious group at 48.7%, but this is down 15% since the 2001 census. It is the only group to have experienced a decrease in numbers despite population growth. The second largest response category in the 2011 census was no religion at 21%, which is almost double the response from 2001.*
Why City Church Manchester?
The central aims of City Church Manchester are as follows:
- Reaching those who live, work or study in Manchester with the Gospel.
- Growing one another in our love for God through expository Bible teaching in a loving church community.
- Sending men and women to support and plant churches in Manchester, the north-west and beyond.
This link is to read a letter of recommendation from the pastor of City Church Manchester about this role and the church’s excitement about having us come.
How Can You Help?
As full-time missionaries, we are living on a financial support based model that is managed by Campus Outreach. In order for us to launch to Manchester we must meet our financial budget support goal. Here are our current financial goals that will allow us to launch.
- We need 10 new monthly or annual financial partners. Our monthly support need is $750/month.
- We need of one-time donations to help us launch well and cover the transition expenses, which will be $24,000.
You can join our financial team and give to our ministry by:
Postal Mail — Print pledge card to mail
PO Box 43737
Birmingham, AL 35243